September 19, 2013
- For job-seekers today the hardest think to do is get noticed.
- Include a QR Code within your resume that links to your blogs “About Me” page.
- Include a QR Code on the back of your business card that links to your blogs “Contact Me” page.
- Run a print advertisement in a trade show program in a local newspaper, linking to blogs “Hire Me” page.
- Their are plenty of QR generator codes to customize your own code.
September 26, 2013
- I want to join I-Comm as soon as possible.
- Make sure to have good writing skills to effectively communicate with your audience.
- Make sure to have relevant stories that your audience wants to here.
- Make sure your website in clear and user friendly.
- In order to do well in this field of work we need to be well rounded.
October 3, 2013
- AP claims to be around for so long because of their ability to adapt to new technology.
- Make goals and values to help further your work.
- Make sure that you are well rounded in order to stay up to date with the ever changing economy.
- On your home page include a dramatic picture in order to pull audience in.
- Be sure to take advantage of all the ways to draw in an audience.
October 10, 2013
- A picture can say a thousand words.
- The “Dean Pictures” are chosen by the dean of the College of Business and Communications.
- In order to be more marketable when I graduate I need to build-up my portfolio.
- In order to be more versatile I’m going to develop my knowledge in photography further.
- I want to go to Photoshop World Conference and Expo!
October 17, 2013
These are five tips for a successful interview
- Be careful with using to much “I.” Employers know that in most of these circumstances team work was involved.
- Never chew gum during an interview it distracts from what you are going to say.
- Make sure to look you interviewer in the eye. It shows confidence.
- Make sure to show why you are qualified to fill the job.
- Make sure to ask what you could give to the company instead of asking what they could do for you.
October 24, 2013
- By joining PRSA it will enhance you education, broaden your network, and launch your career.
- Main goal of public relation is to help an organization and the public see eye to eye.
- PRSA offer many different scholarships, leadership opportunities, and event to help advance knowledge.
- Has 21,000 students and professional members nation wide.
- Offer internships for member to help enhance their knowledge in the career.
October 31, 2013
- American Advertising Federation is the oldest foundation in the United States.
- A.A.F’s main goal is to protect and promote the well being of advertising.
- By joining it broadens my network and increases my understanding of this field.
- Offers many different awards to allow student to graduate with experience.
- Offer student advertising competitions which allows student to experience the field first hand.
November 7, 2013
- Need to finalize my cluster so I will be able to save time and money.
- Very important to plan ahead, so I will be the most time efficient.
- Taking classes while I’m off track will help seed up my graduation process.
- Decide on a minor
- I’m able to register on November 15
November 14, 2013
- Offers any time zone in the world so when working with international companies you can always make sure to be on time.
- By knowing the weather of the cities where you are advertising will allow you to adjust your advertising strategies.
- Timers come in useful to allow yourself to get tasks done in a certain amount of time allowing you to be more efficient.
- Calculators to help Communication majors with math.
- Free tool to customize your website.
December 5, 2013
- Microsoft Office provide templates for professional looking resumes.
- Offers free clip art to help in designs.
- Offers pre-designed thank you cards for an easy professional thank you.
- Make sure to save documents to Sky Drive as it allows you to access your document anywhere.
- One Note is a great program to use to take notes in during meetings.